Tuesday 7 September 2010

BSDNT - Introduction

Over the next few weeks to months, I'll be blogging about a new project of mine, called bsdnt.

The aim of this project is to develop a cleanly coded bignum library with (eventually) reasonable performance and a BSD license. I'll be developing this code for a while in a blog/tutorial style.

First some organisational matters.

For those who wish to follow along with the code as it is written, it can be found at:


If you have a github account, you can clone my project on github.

To make a clone of my repository on your local machine, you can do:

git clone git://github.com/wbhart/bsdnt.git bsdnt

The various branches, as I add them, will be called v0.1, v0.2, etc.

To switch branches, simply do, for example:

git checkout origin/v0.1

To make your own branch of this, to mess around in, do:

git checkout -b mybranch

Antony Vennard, set up a google groups discussion list. You can access that
here:


A word on licensing: if you substantially copy my code, then I appreciate you
retaining the copyright, however if you write substantially your own code,
merely being "inspired" by my code, I am fine with you not adding my copyright to your project. But still let me know about your code, because I'd be interested in seeing it.

To compile the project, you will need a recent version of gcc. I'm using
gcc 4.4.1, and some of the features may not work with earlier than gcc 4.4.

You can proceed to the first blog about the code here:

No comments:

Post a Comment